After creating a new form and adding your desired fields, it’s time to tackle form properties! Form properties customize your entire form visually and functionally.
Locate Form Properties:
- Navigate to your manager dashboard, click on the Forms tab in the menu on the left, and select from your list of created forms. Your Form Editor page will appear. *If you just created a new form, you should already be on the Form Editor page!
- View all Form Property options in the bottom left of your Form Editor page.
The Form Property menu is divided into seven sections: General Info, Theme, Advanced Theme Settings, HTML, Submission Settings, Payment Settings, and Email Notifications.
- General Info allows you to edit the name of the form and the description of the form, upload a header image for the form, enable recurring payments, and access the embed code or direct URL for the form. The embed code can be used for input into your website’s source code to embed the form questions right into your website page, and the direct URL can be used to link the user from your website to the form in a new window.
- Theme provides several design templates to choose from. Just click the design template you like the best and the form will change colors and font to display this design template.
- Advance Theme Settings – If the pre-made design templates aren’t giving you your desired look, you can choose your own background colors, accent colors, and fonts within this tab.
- HTML can be used by those that are seasoned in writing their own website HTML code. Custom <head> code such as google analytics tracking can be included in this tab.
- Submission settings controls what message the user sees after they submit their form response, if they redirected to another page, and how many submissions one user can submit. You can also set a submission open date and a submission close date for your form.
- Payment settings controls what cards donors can use for payment, can be used to enable a convenience fee, and can allow donors to input a discount code for lower pricing. Also another avenue to assign a fund to the form. This is useful in the case that you have an alternate depository account tied to a specific fund and would like funds from the form to be deposited to this alternate account. For instructions on adding an alternate depository account, click here.
- Email Notifications sets up an email notification to be received by any email address(es). The email body displays a custom message including the details of each user’s form response. For assistance with setting up email notifications, click here.
When the form has been completed to your satisfaction, click Save > Save and Publish. The form cannot be accessed by direct URL or embed code until it has been published.
For additional help, schedule a time with our Church Success Team to learn more about Forms!