After creating a form, it’s time to build out the data-collection fields!
Locate Form Fields:
- Navigate to your manager dashboard, click on the Forms tab in the menu on the left, and select from your list of created forms. Your Form Editor page will appear. *If you just created a new form, you should already be on the Form Editor page!
- View all Form Field options in the menu on the right side of your screen.
There are four categories of form fields
Basic fields are standard field types that are present on most forms.
- Drop-down Menus
- Radio Buttons
- Short Text Answers
- Long Text Answers
- Date Pickers
- Text-only Fields
- Numerical Fields
Looking for a field for dollar amounts? Use one of the Payment Fields (below)!
Static Content fields don’t change and don’t accept answers. Static Content fields are used for aesthetic enhancement and for important information/descriptions.
- Section Header
- Empty Space
- Static Text
Contact Info Fields are pre-made questions to collect basic contact info.
- Person’s Name
- Phone Number
Payment Fields are used to display cost.
- Base Amount automatically adds a cost at the bottom of the form for registering.
- User Amount allows the person filling out the form to input the amount they would like to pay.
- Item Checkboxes present purchase choices + dollar amounts next to checkboxes.
- Item Radio Buttons present purchase choices + dollar amounts with
- Item Dropdown presents purchase choices + dollar amounts in a dropdown menu
- Fund Dropdowns allow the user to choose from the funds that the form is tied to. *This loads the active fund options from your Fund Management page.
* Note: If a Fund is added after a Form is created, the new Fund will NOT automatically be available for givers to select. Select the new Fund in the Fund Properties (gear symbol). You may also use this feature to determine tax deductibility of each fund.
*Read more: Fund Management Overview
- Amount Buttons present purchase options + dollar amounts on different buttons. By default, an “Other Amount” button appears for users to input their own dollar amount, but can be removed.
- Calculated Amount is a dynamic field that calculates total items, price per item, and max items per person. *Use Calculated Amounts fields to cap submissions on forms offering a limited resource (ex. banquet with limited seats, class with limited books, etc).
NOTE: When adding a payment field, you will need to choose a fund to tie the field or form to. These funds correspond with the funds that have been added to your giving portal via the Fund Management settings. For more info on creating and editing funds, read more in Fund Management Overview. To tie a fund to your form, you can (1) choose the fund within the settings for the specific payment field you are adding, or (2) choose the fund tied to the form within the general payment field in the form settings.
For additional help, schedule a time with our Church Success Team to learn more about Forms!