If someone needs a refund for an accidental payment or gift, your managers can issue a refund through your manager dashboard.
There's a 15-minute window when a giver can issue a refund himself. Read more in How do I refund my gift?
How to Issue a Refund
- Navigate to your manager dashboard. Hover your cursor over Reports, then click on Transactions.
- Locate the specific gift that needs to be refunded.
- Click on the Action button, then click Full Refund from the dropdown menu.
- A confirmation window will pop up. Type REFUND (in all caps!), then click Confirm Refund.
Credit/Debit Card Refund Timeframes
- Givers can request a card refund within 15 minutes of giving.
- Managers can issue a card refund anytime.
- The full gift amount will be credited to the giver’s account within the following 1-2 business days.
ACH Refund Timeframes
ACH refunds take longer to process because the initial transaction takes longer to complete and verify. Learn more about ACH timeframes and declines.
- Givers can request an ACH refund within 15 minutes of giving.
- Managers can issue an ACH refund after the initial ACH gift has completed (10 business days).
- The full gift amount will be credited to the giver’s account 3-5 days after the refund was requested.
How Refunds Affect Reports
When a refund is issued through Kindrid Giving, we do not take the funds from your bank account. Instead, we create a negative balance for the net amount of the gift, which will be deducted from your next deposit.
For example, a refund for a $50.00 credit/debit card gift would create a negative balance of $48.40 on your account. Future gifts count against this total until until it is achieved, so your next deposit will be, in this case, $48.40 less than the net amount you received.
Refunded gifts will be reflected on the Batch Deposit Report as a negative amount (bracketed by parenthesis).
Note: The full gift amount is returned to the giver. Your organization will still be charged for the processing fee.
We hope this helps you better understand refunds in Kindrid Giving. Please feel free to reach out if you do have any questions! 😄