There are times when a giver inadvertently creates an additional giver profile. Worried about cluttered records? Don’t be! You can merge the duplicate accounts into a single giver profile.
How to Merge Giver Profiles
- Navigate to your manager dashboard and click the Donors tab in the menu on the left.
- Click the Merge Donors button in the top banner.
- Next, you’ll select the two giver profiles that need to be merged. Click Select Profile and search within the pop-up window.
- First, select the duplicate giver profile that should be removed.
- Second, select the giver profile you that should be retained.
- Confirm your selections and complete the merge!
Things to know:
- When you merge two giver profiles, it will merge their recurring transactions, giving history, text giving, and payment profiles.
- Email address is the unique identifier for a giver's profile.
- The giver profile that’s absorbed into the other will be deleted.
- To completely delete a giver profile from your system (without merging it into another giver profile), contact our Support Team with the name and email of the giver profile to remove.